Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Brokenness

It is the broken vessel of water that allows anyone to come and drink.

Jesus was broken on the cross. He lived his suffering an death not as an evil to avoid at all costs but as a mission to embrace.

We too are broken. We live with broken bodies, broken hearts, broken minds, or broken spirits. We suffer from broken relationships.

How can we live our brokenness? Jesus invites us to embrace our brokenness as he embraced the cross and live it as a part of our mission. He asks us not to reject our brokenness as a curse from God that reminds us of our sinfulness but to accept it and put it under God's blessing for our purification and sanctification.

Thus, our brokenness can become a gateway to new life.


-Henri Nouwen, Bread for the Journey


"Father, break me
Take me through the fire
Oh, Father hold me, mold me
Just as You desire.
I am just a cup to overflow Your will
But first I must be emptied to be filled."


-John Michael Talbot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no spam, ads or inappropriate language.